Using the Consent Management REST APIs¶
The consent management APIs in WSO2 Identity Server collect and manage end user consents when user information is shared with external parties. The following sections guide you through the consent management concepts and the APIs you can invoke.
Definitions for consent management¶
This section defines and explains commonly used terms in consent management.
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII): Any information that can be used to identify the PII Principal to whom the information relates to.
- PII Principal: The natural person to whom the personally identifiable information (PII) relates to.
- Consent: A Personally identifiable information (PII) Principal’s freely given, specific and informed agreement to the processing of their PII.
- Purpose: The business, operational or regulatory requirement for the collection, use and/or disclosure of a PII Principal's data. In other words, it is the reason personal information is collected by the entity.
- Consent Receipt: A record of a consent interaction (or consent record summary linked to the record of consent) provided by a PII Principal to a PII Controller to collect, use and disclose the PII Principal’s PII in accordance to an agreed set of terms.
PII Controller: A private stakeholder that determines the purposes and means for processing personally identifiable information (PII) other than the natural persons who use data for personal purposes.
Add the following configuration to the
For more information on how to extend or customize this, see Extension points.
[authentication.pii_controller] name = "Kim" contact = "Kim" email = "email@example.com" phone = "01433444333" on_behalf = "false" url = "https://sample.piicontroller.url" country ="USA" locality = "Mountain View" region = "CA" po_box = "233" postal_code = "94043" street_address = "1600"
Property Type Required/Optional Description <PIIController> string Required Name of the first PII controller who collects the data. <Contact> string Required Contact name of the PII controller. <Email> string Required Contact email address of the PII Controller. The direct email to contact the PII Controller regarding the consent or privacy contract. <Phone> string Required Contact phone number of the PII Controller. The business phone number to contact the PII Controller regarding the consent. <OnBehalf> boolean Optional A PII Processor acting on behalf of a PII Controller or PII Processor. <PiiControllerUrl> string Optional A URL for contacting the PII Controller. <Address> object Required The physical address of the PII controller.
PII Processor: A private stakeholder that processes personally identifiable information (PII) on behalf of and in accordance with the instructions of a PII controller.
APIs and supported operations¶
For information on the REST APIs, supported operations and sample requests/responses, see Consent Management APIs Swagger Documentation.
You can customize the REST APIs using the following extension points:
- PIIController connector extension - A sample implementation that demonstrates registering a PII controller and providing PII controller information for consent receipts.
- Interceptor extension - A sample implementation that demonstrates registering a consent management interceptor and intercepting consent management related operations.