About this release¶
What is new in this release¶
WSO2 Identity Server 5.9.0 is the latest WSO2 Identity Server release and is the successor of WSO2 Identity Server 5.8.0. It contains the following new features and enhancements:
- Reusable script library for adaptive authentication: WSO2 Identity Server already supports script-based adaptive authentication. This feature supports easily manageable function libraries that can be imported to the authentication scripts. For more information, see Adaptive Authentication with Function Libraries.
- New REST APIs: This release includes new REST APIs for end users who can be authenticated to the system to manage their user account related activities.
- New Configuration model: Configuring WSO2 Identity Server is made easier with a simplified, centralized configuration model that supports injecting configurations with numerous methods such as environment variables, to improve compatibility with various configuration automation tools and cloud native environments.
What has changed in this release¶
Removed features and functionalities¶
- Logging Monitor UI
Deprecated features and functionalities¶
- Writing Password Policy validators
- Access token partitioning
- Support for MySQL versions prior to 5.7
For information on the Carbon platform version and Carbon Kernel version of WSO2 Identity Server 5.9.0, see the Release Matrix.
All WSO2 products that are based on a specific Carbon Kernel version are expected to be compatible with each other. If you come across any compatibility issue, contact team WSO2.
For a complete list of improvements and bug fixes available with this release, see here.
- For a complete list of open issues related to the WSO2 Identity Server runtime, see WSO2 IS Runtime - Open Issues.
- For a complete list of open issues related to the WSO2 Identity Server analytics, see WSO2 IS Analytics - Open Issues