Passwordless login with Magic Link¶
Magic Link is a form of passwordless authentication. It allows users to log in by clicking a link sent to their email instead of entering a password.
- You need to configure the email sending module.
- You need to set up the sample application.
- You need to update the user profile of the users with an email address.
Configure Magic Link as an authenticator¶
To configure Magic Link as an authenticator:
On the management console, go to Main > Identity > Service Providers > List.
Click Edit on the
Expand the Local and Outbound Authentication Configuration section and click Advanced Configuration.
You will be redirected to Advanced Configuration.
Click + Add Authentication Step twice to add two authentication steps.
Select the following authentication methods from the relevant dropdowns and click + Add Authenticator.
Authentication step Local Authenticator First step
Click Update to save the configurations.
Try it out¶
- Access the following sample PickUp application URL:
- Click Login, enter your username, and click Continue.
- Check your inbox for the magic link email. The email reads as follows:
Open the Magic Link by clicking Sign In on the same browser as your application.
This is not supported in the private windows of Safari browser.
You will now be logged into the application successfully.Top