Analyzing the Federated Login Attempts¶
The Federated Login Attempts statistical visualization displays statistics relating to federated authentication.
A federated authentication is an authentication activity that is carried out via a federated identity provider.
The successful authentication attempt for a single federated step is considered a federated authentication success. Similarly, a failed authentication attempt for a single federated step is considered a federated authentication failure.
If there are multiple constituent steps, each federated authentication step is considered separately. A failed federated authentication attempt is counted as a failure only if a failed response is received from a federated identity provider. There can be situation where federated identity provider will not send the response back. Such are not counted as authentication failure as the flow was broken in the middle.
The statistics displayed in this page include all the federated login attempts that are performed via federated identity providers over time as well as the local login attempts filtered based on service providers, identity providers, and users
Follow the steps below to view the Federated Login Attempts.
Before you begin
- Access the WSO2 IS Analytics Dashboard. For more information, see Accessing the Analytics Dashboard.
- Perform either of the following.
- Click SEE MORE in the Federated Login Attempts Summary tile.
- Click menu icon > Federated.
Let's analyze the federated login attempts with the following widgets.
Login Attempts Over Time¶
This chart presents the total number of federated login attempts that are made during the selected time interval.
This chart allows deriving the federated login patterns and detect deviations that may due to unusual occurrences such as attacks, system downtime, etc.
This chart presents a summary of the federated login attempts.
This chart allows identifying the percentages of the successful and failed federated login attempts.
This chart presents the federated login attempts in a map view based on the IP addresses.
In order for this widget to work, configure the gel location database. For more information, see Enabling Geolocation Based Statistics.
- This chart allows viewing the countries from which the federated logins were attempted.
- The color intensity indicates the number of login attempts, e.g., an area in darker green indicates more login attempts when compared to an area in lighter green.
- The toggle key helps to switch from the success view and failure view.
Distribution By Service Providers¶
- This chart presents the successful and failed federated login attempts sorted by service provider.
- Pagination is available if the statistics involve more than ten service providers.
This chart allows viewing the federated login attempts sorted based on the service providers.
Distribution By Identity Provider¶
- This chart presents the successful and failed federated login attempts sorted by identity provider.
- Pagination is available if the statistics involve more than ten identity providers.
This chart allows viewing the federated login attempts sorted based on the identity provider.
Distribution By User Name¶
- This chart presents the successful and failed federated login attempts sorted by user name.
- Pagination is available if the statistics involve more than ten user names.
This chart allows viewing the federated login attempts sorted based on the user names.
- This widget presents details of each federated login attempt including the context ID, user name, service provider, identity provider, IP, region, whether the overall authentication was successful or not, and the time stamp.
- The login attempts can be sorted in the ascending/descending order by the fields in the table if required.
This widget allows view the details of each federated login attempt.Top